Wednesday 21 September 2011

The fringe debate.

So I've been debating whether to get a fringe or not for a few weeks now...I know, critical decisions. With my day off and hair appointment drawing nearer I ummmmed and ahhhed until I thought sod it, it will grow back if I hate it, or I could always wear a hat. Works dress policy is pretty relaxed.

So today I got a fringe. I haven't had a fringe since I was about 8 years old and I must say, I love it. I had high hopes that Rob would love it too, so I sent him this picture:


He text me: 'Wow, Mrs you look fantastic'. Super I thought, he's keen, he thinks I look fantastic, I made the right decision, I was excited about arriving home to show him the real thing. I arrived home, I gave him a twirl.
Rob: 'It's great, you look really.........mature.'
MATURE???????
Me: 'Oh, you think I look mature? as in you think it makes me look older?'
This was not a look I was hoping for...can you imagine, to hairdresser 'yes I'd like a hairstyle that will pile the years on, a fringe will do it?, ok great lets go for it!'
Rob: 'Noooooooo not older, smarter, really smart'
Ohhhh super, SMART, I long to look smart. Smart and mature, that's what I was after.
Me: 'Well, I like it'
Rob: 'I do, are you mad? I really like it, it suits you'
Finally, the response I was looking for.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment