Wednesday 15 June 2011

Wedding playlist.

Last year in preparation for my friend Ally's wedding we set about (we being myself, Emily, Sian, Jo and George) creating a wedding music playlist to contain all our favourite tunes. I'm not sure we intended for this to become the 'official wedding playlist' but that's what it has become. The updated version was shared with Jo when she married Joe in March this year and now it's my turn. So I added a few new hits to cover from March 2011 to now and it's revitalised and ready to go. It's now in the safe hands of Terry (the DJ) ready for our big day.

So we're covered from 8pm onwards, yet I didn't have anything prepared for arrival drinks, since we've gone for quite a relaxed, retro feel for the decoration I thought it only appropriate to support this with some soulful songs from the 60's/70's which is by far my favourite musical era. Last night I immersed myself in these sounds and we had a fantastic few hours putting the below list together, I ran it past my Dad for his approval and here we are:

Sugar Sugar - The Archies
Band of Gold - The Carpenters
Dreamlover - Bobby Darin
Please Mr Postman - The Carpenters
Do you like good music - Arthur Conley
Twist & Shout - The Beatles
baby Love - The Supremes
Cupid - Sam Cooke
Heatwave - Martha & the Vandellas
Dancing in the street - Martha & the Vandellas
Jimmy Mack - Martha & the Vandellas
Nowhere to hide - Martha & the Vandellas
Aint no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
My Girl - The temptations
Crocodile Rock - Elton John
Jump & Jive n' wail
Its been a long time coming but a change is gonna come - Sam Cooke
Bring it on home to me - Sam Cooke
Cry to me - Solomon Burke
Love Man - Otis Redding

This is going to be brilliant. Hopefully as brilliant as the below:

Ally & Ant's wedding July 2010


Jo & Joe's wedding March 2011

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment