Sunday 29 May 2011

Sunday matinee...

I had big (exciting) plans for today, I was off to Nottingham's biggest car boot sale, I could barely contain my excitement this morning as I got myself and LV ready...I was in such a great mood that I bundled LV into the car and we headed to Cafe Nero for a cheeky pan aux raisin to make sure we were fuelled up to the max and wouldn't need any breaks for food while we were at the sale. My excitement was halted when on arrival at the car boot sale site Sal (passenger, sister and fellow car boot attendee) read aloud the sign at the entrance 'no car boot sale today' WHAT?! no car boot sale, I can't describe how disappointed I felt. Deflated we headed home and I tried to come up with some alternative activities for the day. We ran some errands, tidied LV's room, ventured out to the shops and then settled down for a Sunday matinee. I'm not sure who was more excited about this, me or LV...LV was definitely giddy about the popcorn, but I was hyper with glee as I've had visions of us settling down to watch a Sunday afternoon film since LV was born. I don't know why, I just think it's fun and I think that as LV gets older it'll be a nice family moment.

The 'moment' lasted half an hour...Rob fell asleep and as soon as LV ran out of popcorn she was ready to hype around again, watching a film was a no go. Oh well, it was a nice half hour, I'll probably never know what happens in the rest of Kung Fu Panda, but to be honest I'm not that fussed.



Looks like this could be the best film Robs ever seen!

First taste of popcorn and I'm sure it won't be the last.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment