Sunday 13 November 2011

Martini please...

I'm working through some self inflicted woozy moments today. After a night out razzing in Leeds I drove back (in very foggy conditions...stressful!) to the land of Robin Hood  to attend a children's party where 15 manic 3 year old rampaged around having the best time EVER! Apart from when they did the grand old duke of york and LV threw a hissy fit, once I'd managed to calm her down she claimed that she hated the york march. Ok then. Thankfully there was food and a chair so I'm pleased to say I survived.

I drank Malibu last night, accidentally, and have been reminded of that fact at regular intervals throughout today. This was not through choice. I usually drink Martini, lime and soda but due to a communication breakdown as I bellowed my order at Ally whilst the music in Prohibition blasted out she ordered me a Malibu, that's right, a Malibu, lime and soda. It was was a taste sensation as I took a slurp of what I'd expected to be Martini to be confronted with a blast of fizzy coconut with a hint of lime. I drank it all the same and am still enjoying the fruity taste now. Well, when I say enjoying I mean, not enjoying, unenjoying, there is no enjoyment in the way I currently feel.

With the festive season fast approaching I fear I will be feeling this quesy/tired regularly over the coming weeks. However next time I accidently get a Malibu, lime and soda I just won't drink it, simple. So you might say that some good came out of last night. I am much wiser today, I will not be drinking Malibu with lime and soda again.


The Malibu orderer.

Emily and the Malibu drinker.

You would be mistaken if you thought that I looked like I was using the arm of the chair to help myself into a standing position, the actual truth is that when the photo was taken with my arm against my body I looked a  right unit so I took action, I think this was take 3.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment