Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wedding menu. YUM.

Last night we went to our wedding venue for the menu tasting and it was AMAZING. I was super excited and Rob was really tired, not an ideal combination but I tried to tone it down in order for us both to survive (and enjoy!) the occasion. We started with canapes, they're in keeping with the venue being a pub and were delicious (apart from the anchovy pastry straw thing that looked great but tasted gross - it was Robs decision to keep them in...and he does have a point when he says ' you don't like fish, of course you won't like them, but lots of people do like fish', ho hum, I do think I'll need to signpost these though as I don't want anyone getting a nasty surprise when they think they're tucking into a cheese straw!):

Homemade sausages with homemade mustard
 Meatballs with stuffing
Goats cheese and tomato tartlet
Scary straws
 Welsh rarebit

We tried to be sensible and hold back, but we ate the lot.
I was so excited about the main:


Fillet steak with chips and salad garnish and homemade tomato sauce

It was the nicest steak I've ever eaten, truly delicious. I was full, so full and we debated whether we could even squeeze in a pudding and then it arrived and before my brain reminded me to take a picture of it, I ate it ALL. I do love a good Eton Mess! Another 'to do' ticked off the list. And here's a sneaky peak at our venue:


Only 7 weeks to go! xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment