Wednesday 18 January 2012

Hi, is this Alfie?

LV has been psyched about starting swimming lessons for months, well, as psyched as a 3 year old can get, but she was definitely super excited. Rob was almost as excited as LV as he usually takes LV swimming but unfortunately for him he had to work the day of her first lesson. The job was mine, I was to take LV to her first swimming lesson. My excitement was dulled down by the fact that I don't own a swimming costume and I cringed at the thought of showing up in my holiday bikini as the other mums tutted at my inappropriate attire for a child's swimming class, but I needn't have worried, thankfully the mums don't need to get in the water...phew, my bikini stayed firmly under my faux 'gym attire', I say faux because I very rarely exercise but I wanted to look the part for LV. So I walked LV over to the swimming teacher (she had a tshirt that said Swimming Teacher, sensible)and was confronted with what I can only describe as a total fox (blonde, tanned, fit, 21 etc) suddenly Robs desperation to get LV booked in with this particular class became very clear...tut. But then she said 'Hi is this Alfie?' ummmm no this is not Alfie! This is my girl daughter, LV.. the main reason she is wearing a swimming costume and not swimming trunks is because SHE is a girl!! Awkward. What I actually said was 'no, this is LV'. So LV throws her costume clad self into the pool and has a whale of a time. I grinned, clapped, cheered on from the poolside and had a hoot. I'll be taking her again Saturday, Robs in work again...(unlucky), but this time I might really mess with the fox and take LV in a pair of trunks. I suppose when u're that beautiful being able to identify the gender of your class members is irrelevant...I just thought it was a skill most people had..maybe not, I'll put the fox to the test Saturday. Xo

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Good to see that you're not showing any of that catty jealousy sometimes shown when ladies meet someone younger and prettier. Well done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's nice, my words are said in jest, but thanks for taking the time to comment ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth did anyone mistake LV for a little boy? She is WAY too cute for that! Are you sure she doesn't have a speech impediment and 'LV' just sounded like 'Alfie'?? Either way, I can't wait to hear about the reaction when you show up with LV in wee trunks! X

    ReplyDelete