Wednesday 12 October 2011

Oh how we ate...

One of the many things I love about Germany (besides visiting my beloved parental unit) is the food! Yes indeed, you wouldn't think it, but the Germans do put on a lovely spread. Actually, I'm not sure that the food I love is in fact German, some is (Bratwurst!) but some of my other food obsessions may be from elsewhere. I get beyond excited in preparation for a trip to Germany and have been known to plan meals in advance of the plane landing, it's difficult to fit all the meals I enjoyed (for 16 years) whilst living in Germany into a 5 day visit. I do my best though. These are some of the foods I enjoyed:

1. Gyros with cabbage salad and chips (with mayo)
2. Ice cream (Banana boat, the cafe I visited didn't do a Spaghetti eis!can you believe it!)
3. Kinder Chocolate & Milka
4. Bratwurst with chips (with mustard & mayo)
5. Flammkuchen (like pizza, but yummier)
5. Feta & Garlic spread (I think this might be Turkish)
6. Fitness rolls (seeded bread rolls) with salami, cheese & salad (freshly made at the Bakerei)

I didn't hold back and I'm pretty impressed with the meals and snacks I devoured. I'm avoiding the scales, at least for a couple of weeks. I managed to snap a few before attacking, I remembered far too late to capture most on camera, which I think is wise, I wouldn't want to cause myself any unnecessary longing.

First time I've had this one, I'm a fan.

I'm a bit ashamed about eating this, it's a Banana Boat (ice cream and cream piled onto a chopped banana)

The biggest bar of Chocolate in the world. Not fact but it's very big.

Germany I miss you already.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment