Sunday 25 September 2011

Retro game love.

I could squeal with excitement...but I won't, Rob will think that it's game over, that I've finally lost it. I haven't lost it, but I am fizzing with glee at my latest find. The antiques fair was pretty rubbish really, there were about five stalls and there wasn't really anything that appealed...that was until I set eyes on this fabulous Jack & Jill board game. Now, this may sound a little strange, you may wonder 'what's so exciting about a) Jack and Jill and b) a board game', well, I'll tell you, a) LV LOVES Jack & Jill and b) I love board games and c) it was made in 1960! Yes indeed.

So here it is:

The pictures are soooo sweet.

It's in pristine condition and I just know LV will go bananas for it. So, in my minds eye I've created a scenario for us playing this game: it's Christmas Eve, it's snowing outside, we're all snuggled inside, we've eaten and it's time for a spot of family fun (maybe a board game?!), we fill our glasses (with Babysham! see below -tehe)


and we laugh the night away. Obviously LV isn't drinking Babysham, that would be wrong, and I'm not sure Rob would be drinking Babysham either, maybe beer in a Babysham glass, but I can work on the finer details. Loving the vision.

So, my thrifting ban didn't last, but I think you'll agree, an exception had to be made.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment