Tuesday 17 May 2011

We grow our own vege...not very well

I thought it time to post progress on the plants we bought a few weeks ago. You'll remember I was a little baffled by the instructions provided by the garden centre assistant, but thought 'how hard can it be?' well, it appears to be very hard...they're just not thriving as I'd hoped. There's a range of issues, the pepper plant hasn't grown at all since we bought it, the chili plant has grown a tiny bit but it's bottom leaves are turning yellow, the plum tomato plant is doing ok and has definitely increased in size, but the other tomato plant is a total let down, it hasn't really grown and now it's leaves are breaking off....I also committed a faux pas with this one as I was sure the garden centre assistant instructed me to remove the flowers from the plant so I did this (without too much thought), to later learn that the flowers were the tomatoes and I had in fact mutilated it! Here is how they looked 4 weeks ago:


Here they are now, a sorry bunch, particularly the tomato plant i tortured accidentally...

(L-R) Mutilated tomato plant, energetic plum tomato plant, stunted pepper plant, yellow leaved chili plant.

I will persevere until the bitter end (which I don't think is far away).
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment