Saturday 16 April 2011

We grow our own vege.....nearly

I'm not a natural when it comes to gardening. We've spent the last few years in a flat so I haven't needed to know about gardening, but now, now we have a garden, with boarders that need tending to. This morning we took a trip to the garden centre to stock up on some essentials: gardening gloves, pots, tools and most exciting two tomato, one red bell pepper and one chilli plant. That's right, LV and I are going to grow vegetables. It's going to be brilliant, she'll love watering them and watching them grow and I'll feel like a saintly earth mother encouraging her to nurture things. Perfect. I asked the garden centre assistant for some tips and she spent 20 minutes explaining the level of care a tomato plant requires. I
can't remember most of the tips so I'm going to follow my gardening instincts. I'll let you know how we get on.

Chilli & Red bell pepper plant

Two tomato plants

Our lovely vegetable plant collection.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment