Monday 18 June 2012

Ladies of the laundrette...

I've never really paid that much attention to my washing machine use until this weekend, when a cracked pipe led to me not being able to use it. I had no workworthy clothes ready for the week ahead, LV's favourite hoodie and converse trainers needed a seriously good clean and this all meant one thing....a trip to the laundrette was required. Who knew how expensive it was to use a laundrette (£10!!!!), and who knew how stressful it would be having a 3.5 year old in the laundrette, stressful mainly for the other laundrette users, for me not so much. LV had a superb time, she helped load, she helped unload, kindly dragging all my underwear across the laundrette floor for all to see, she lined up baskets and hopped from one to another, she sang a song whilst holding onto the machine during its spin cycle (creating an unusual high pitched vibrating voice)....a total hoot (for her, and me). She got bored after half an hour, so I placated with a pan au raisin, did the trick and we left the laundrette after an hour with two loads of clean clothes all dried and ready for the week ahead. I prefer the comfort/privacy of doing the washing in my own home, but I might take the little one there again, just for fun!

Snapped before the pan au raisin

xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment